Now you are going to understand what is SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and what is SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages).
Let us discuss,
What is SEO – Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization is a process of increasing the traffic in terms of quantity and quality of website through organic search engine result.
Search Engine Optimization is the best practice or marketing tool to get the highest traffic from the search result like Google and another search engine.
SEO mainly focus on ranking in the organic search result from all search engine like Google, Yahoo and others. SEO is a technique and methodology to increase the number of visitors on the website through high ranking placement in the search result page of the search engine.
Let me tell you the SEO in a very simple word:
SEO is the process of increasing the ranking of the website without any expenses. But with the help of blog, content and good information related to product and service you provide on the website.
It’s very common practice for internet search user to search more or to not scroll more on google for the result. But, they get the best result on google with 10 to 15 results and then click to access the information.
I am trying to tell many websites are already there, whom Google has already ranked higher and the search result is coming on top based on the user search.
The higher a website naturally rank in the organic result of the website then there is a great chance that site will be accessed or visited by the user.
SEO help and gives us confidence that everybody (All search user) are able to access the website through a search engine and improving the chance that the site will be found by search engine.
Search engine optimization is typically considered a set of “White Hat” that webmaster and web content procedure follow to help them achieve a better ranking in search engine result.
SEO is about making search engine result related to user search query so that more people can click on the result when it shows in the search.
Search Engine Optimization is the real practice of increasing number and quality of visitors on the website by improving the ranking of the website.
The Natural, Organic or free search result are those who directly appear below the pay per click advert in Google, As highlighted below.
How does SEO work
Google, Bing, Yahoo increases its search result based upon relevancy and authority of pages. It has crawled and included it’s in web index then provide the best result to the user for their query.
A user uses around 200 signals to increase their search result in Google. SEO cover technical and creative activity to influence in enhance some of those known signals. It’s always good to not focus on individual ranking signals but look at the wider goal of Google. To provide the best answers for its google.
SEO plays a vital role to increase the ranking of the website and to the website to make it easy and user-friendly for the users. SEO is making sure a website is accessible to users, technically sound that people type in the search into the search engines provides an excellent user experience, with useful and high quality. It provides expert content that provides to the user for their query.
Based on the research, Google has a very big team of search quality rates that evaluate the quality of the search result. That gets fed into the machine learning algorithm. Google’s search quality rater guideline provides an ample amount of detail an example of what Google class as high or low-quality content and website. Google ranks the website based on the algorithm.
Algorithms are mentioned below:
- High-Quality Content
- Search Intent
- Keyword Research
- Vice Search
- Rich Snippets
- A site should be mobile friendly.
- Website source should be (HTTPS)
- Improve your user experience
- Page speed should be high
- On page optimization
- Internal link structure
- Relevant & Authoritative Backlink.
The hyperlink-based algorithm used in Google (Known as page rank) to calculate the popularity and authority of a page. SEO includes many activities to help and improve the number of and quality of Inbound links to a website from the other website. This is a historical activity called Link Building.
How To Do SEO:
SEO depends upon the technical and creative activities that are Onsite SEO and Off-Site SEO. These two words (Onsite and Offsite SEO ) are quite dated, but it is very useful to understand as it is the split practice that can be performed on the website.
SEO plays a vital role to increase the ranking of the website. Onsite and offsite SEO is a part of SEO that helps SEO to increase the ranking of the website. These two processes are different but the destination and the ultimate goal is the same to increase the ranking of the website.
Onsite SEO plays an important role to improve organic visibility by activities on the website. Basically, Onsite SEO optimizes a website and content to improve the accessibility, relevancy, and experience for users. Some of the activities are mentioned below.
- Keyword research: Searching the type of word and frequency used by a genuine customer to find the brand, service, and product. Understanding their mindset and user expectation from their search and use the keyword research tool like Ubersuggest.
- Technical auditing: Make sure that the website can be crawled and indexed. It should be geo-targeting and it should be free from error or user experience barrier.
- Onsite Optimization: On the page, alignment should be perfect. Website structure should be perfect. Content relevancy to help priorities key area and search phrase should be related to the target audience.
- User Experience: Content should be clear and informative, authority & trust. It should be simple to use, fast and provide the best possible solution to the user against the market’s competitors.
I have mentioned above few points or activities involved in Onsite SEO.
Offsite SEO is a process to carried outside of a website to improve organic visibility. This process is always called “link building” which purpose is to increase the number of reputable links from another website. Search Engine considers this process as scoring and vote of trust.
The website will have more value if they receive a link from other website and pages. So the quality of the link is the most important signal to get any website up organically.
Kindly find few techniques mentioned below.
- Content Marketing – Creating amazing, relevant and more meaning full content will help attracts Link. This will include a how-to guide, A story, a narration, a visualization or infographic with compelling data.
- Digital PR – Digital Page Ranking (Digital PR) is an online marketing strategy to increase the online presence for business. PR provides an opportunity for other websites to talk and link to a website.
- Outreach & Promotion – It involves communicating with keywords, Blogger, influencers or webmaster about a brand, resource, content or PR to earn to a website.
There is N number of reasons why a website might link to other website but not all of them fit into the above activities.
SERPs:- Search Engine Result Pages
What is SERPs
A Search Engine result page is the page where a number of results listed based on a particular keyword.
There are lakhs of a page on the web but non-of them is more important to the digital marketer than Search Engine Result Page.
You may have come across the term SERPs, Am I right then, what is SERPs?
SERPs Stands for Search Engine Result Page. It is any search results on the Search Engine result page that is not a traditional organic result. Let say you are a Startup Company and need to understand about the Search Engine. Particularly Google which does not list or rank a website they do for rank and List for web pages.
Say you have 20 different web pages on your website, now Google has 20 different Option to rank you.
What they do is they (web Crawlers) look upon each page on your website and which matches the user query, because you are providing the answer to the user’s query. And based on that Google will give you the ranking on Google search engine.
To do it in the perfect way you have to understand some of the features of SERPs that is
- The rich snippet which gives precise information layer to existing search results. Let’s say review stars like product ratings.
- Paid Results which are bought by bidding on keywords with the help of AdWords or Google shopping
- Universal Results, which Google blends the results with help images, news and featured snippets that appear in addition to organic results.
- Knowledge graph, data which Google use the facts, figures, and people to put it on a systematic manner to enhance the search results. It is like data which appears on panel or boxes. Let say whether celebrity.